Staff Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feb. Meeting Ideas

3 posters

Go down

Feb. Meeting Ideas  Empty Feb. Meeting Ideas

Post  Admin Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:55 pm

During our last meeting, there were four areas where volunteers could make suggestions and give ideas: Projects, Events/Fundraisers, Stronger Relationships and Team Building Activities. It went very nicely and I am happy to write them below. After reading some of your ideas, I added three more categories: Marketing Initiatives, External Support and Others. I am not sure who wrote what because I don’t know your hand-writings yet.

If you want to develop on your idea by writing more about it, that would be great! For those who weren't at the meeting, I encourage you to post your own ideas and to comment on the ones below. I have commented the suggestions myself
(S:) = suggestions
(C:) = comment

Projects
S: Can we add some real pics? Walk around hospitals and find some people who have suffered violence and if possible, take their pictures. (Marc?)
C: Where would we show their pictures?

S: Best to coordinate with many artists. Develop a space in 798 for a training retreat. (Amy)
C: What would be in the training? Are you talking about any artists we would collaborate with?

S: Organize campaigns-advertising with facts about DV but displayed as an art show. Ads would be posted throughout the city. (Amy)
C: I would love to organize a campaign! This sounds interesting Amy. We’d have to talk about this more when we have a meeting for the awareness activities.

Events/Fundraisers
S: Invite world leaders for women’s rights to our events as guest speakers. i.e Guo Jianmei, UNIFEM…I can help with PR. (Amy)
C: Yes, we have already booked Wei Wei from the legal firm to be a guest speaker and we need to confirm with Guo Jianmei. We have already talked to her about it. We will definitely have guest speakers for the photo exhibition.

S: Organize media to attend art shows of pics/stories of abused women. (Amy)
C: We already have a press-kit designed and we are still developing our guest list. We want to get as many people from different industries as we can (art, health care, legal services, women clubs, music, etc).

S: Acting scene during the opening night: “the cage”, where visitors could go in and try to feel what it is to be a victim of domestic violence. (Nydia)
C: Yes, we have already planned to have some actors performing for the opening night. But the idea of the cage is quite good!! Let’s see how we can incorporate that. If not for the opening, we can definitely use that for another awareness activity. We don’t want to put all of our good ideas in only one bag Wink.

Marketing Initiatives
S: During BLCU “Cultural Week” around June, have a stand to promote Peace for Humanity.
C: We would have to make simple pamphlets about Peace for Humanity. For the exhibition, we talked about organizing an outdoor activity for groups of students and teachers . We could set appointments at that time with students and teachers.

S: Use douban.com to advertise our events. (Nydia)
C: Marco and Guzal, please take note! Smile

S: Hold a 5-course/ Buffet meal in cooperation with Western Restaurants (i.e Grinders, Kros Nest). For example, 300RMB for the ticket and 100 goes to PfH. The restaurant profits as well.
C: Yes, very good idea! We would have to find ways to make that dinner attractive and interesting. We can use Masterpeace to do that.

External Support
S: OIF: Internationale de la Francophonie. We can get support from them. They have an activity: journée de la femme (women day); it’s a walk. (Odile)
C: Would you like us to organize and activity with them? Or also, have them raise funds for us?

Stronger Relationships
S: Arrange a time to travel to the country side or city to visit a shelter. Arrange with shelter to make the place open to anyone and invite an artist to take pictures of victims.
C: Yes, I think it’d be nice to travel to a remote place with the team. Actually, I may have something for the Children’s Education part. I know someone who works as a volunteer in a school in Shaanxi Province. This school was opened by an ABC women for poor children that don’t have the opportunity to attend school because of the lack of money. Apparently, they are in the process of building another school. Some of my friends thought about going there for a weekend to visit the kids and prepare some activities for them. We could go there also to see how we could help them on any level. This visit could be the birth of our Children’s Education project.

I think that going to a place like that as a group would definitely bring volunteers closer to each other by having a meaningful experience. Also, I think that the development of a project would be much stronger knowing that more than one head would contribute to it.

Team Building Activities
S: Desk game (like killing) (Nydia)
C: What’s that? Never heard of it. When and where can we play that game?

S: Like regular meetings, we can have regular activities (play tennis, desk games, etc)
C: I was saying during the meeting, I would love for us to have regular activities as part as the Volunteers Benefits Package. Of course, we have no funds for now but we can still do things together. If you have more ideas on where we could go and how much it costs, we can plan something to do on a regular basis. It’s probably not too expensive if we go as a group. Ice skating was a fun thing to do as well.

Others
S: Use the logo to create Peace for Humanity’s Chinese name. Logo means “orchid” in Chinese. (Cynda)
C: suggestions of a name, anybody?

Thank you for all your nice ideas! Hope we can put some into practice soon!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://peace-for-humanity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Feb. Meeting Ideas  Empty Great ideas

Post  Marco Marshall Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:57 pm

These are all great ideas! And yes, let's put these into practice. I have some in mind as well, so I'll be posting this week to share those!
Marco Marshall
Marco Marshall

Back to top Go down

Feb. Meeting Ideas  Empty Re: Feb. Meeting Ideas

Post  Cynda.Schneider Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:27 pm

For the stronger relationships category:
That sounds like a great idea. I know someone else who does something similar (volunteers in a school outside of Beijing). I was thinking we could go there for 1-2 days next week and represent PfH. I'll bring up the details to confirm this during the next meeting.
Cynda.Schneider
Cynda.Schneider

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:09 am

Great! Also, I forgot to mention: thanks Cynda for bringing the note sheets with our logo on it. Very thoughtful of you!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://peace-for-humanity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down