Staff Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March GM Follow-Up

3 posters

Go down

March GM Follow-Up Empty March GM Follow-Up

Post  Admin Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:29 pm

Thank you to all of those who attended the meeting last month.
We simply updated each other on what's happening with the DVAP and Break the Silence exhibition. Please go on the SW to know more about them.

Special Mention
I just want us to pay special attention to Jill, our Chinese Translator. She has been doing an amazing job translating several documents in a very timely matter. Even if I sometimes give her tight deadlines, she is always able to deliver and always do a great job. Thank you Jill for your efforts. They are greatly appreciated!

Volunteers Needed
We are still looking for a translator for each of the FR, ESP and CH departments. Please let me know if you know someone that could be a volunteer.

Future Projects
Other than the Women Empowerment Division, we would like to develop projects for the Children's Education and Humanitarian Welfare Divisions. Here are a couple ideas that I have and working on. I welcome you to let me know of any ideas that you may have.

Children's Education: Bo Ai Project
Through a friend, I got to know about an organization founded by an American born Chinese who wants to help poor children to have access to education. To do so, she built an elementary school for them in Shaanxi province. Now, she would like to open a middle school so children can pursue an education instead of going back on the farms. The project is estimated to cost around 20 million RMB.

Next Thursday, I will be going on the grounds to see what's happening there and how Peace for Humanity could help. I will keep you updated about that.

Humanitarian Welfare
I really care about migrant communities so I hope that we can develop a project that will serve these communities. I am thinking about providing health care to migrant workers. As it is difficult for them to have decent health care because of the hukou system and lack of funds, I think that this would be a great area to help with. How? I have no idea. But we can slowly start thinking about how we could realize this project, community by community.

Beach Party
I forgot to mention about that. I would like for the whole team to welcome the summer by doing an outdoor activity. What is better than enjoying our time by the water, playing volleyball or simply pic-nicking on the beach!? I am thinking about a tw0-day gateway in Beidaihe. I have to make a bit of research and give you more details later. But this would be in June. Will keep you posted! If you have any other ideas, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you for your commitment!! Have a great month of April!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://peace-for-humanity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

March GM Follow-Up Empty Re: March GM Follow-Up

Post  Cynda.Schneider Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:31 am

Beach party sounds great! What's the best way to get to Beidaihe?
Cynda.Schneider
Cynda.Schneider

Back to top Go down

Post  smaile Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:54 am

Thank you for the wrap-up, Jennifer! I'm sorry I couldn't make the meeting. I'm excited to hear what you have planned for the beach retreat.
smaile
smaile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down